Friday, June 17, 2011

Are the people I am surrounding myself with supportive?

  As I continue to ask myself the questions, why am I not creating the change I want in my life faster? What am I not doing that I must do in order to create the results I desire now?
  I am starting to understand more and more about my beliefs and how they are limiting me. I am achieving this by working through Anthony Robbins book, Awaken the Giant Within. Taking his advice, I wrote down some of my empowering beliefs and some of my dis-empowering beliefs.
  After answering some questions in the book about some of my beliefs (empowering and dis-empowering), I realized that when it comes to my empowering beliefs, I have only  two people in my life who support them fully. The majority of the people in my life lovingly support my dis-empowering beliefs, with very strong conviction.
  After some reflection, I have realized that I have spent my life isolating myself from people to avoid being inundated with their beliefs. This has happened because I have always surrounded myself with people who did not support my morals and values, so to avoid their judgments and influences I have isolated myself. This was all done unconsciously.
  The awareness that has come from this for me, is that I need a support system in order to develop new habits. This support system consists of many things for me, including this blog, but I am starting to see that the biggest accelerator for any support system is going to be people who will inspire me, encourage my growth, challenge me to push myself, be honest with me, and encourage me to be honest and express myself. These relationships will encourage expression and discourage suppression. They will be filled with laughter, mutual caring and accountability.
  So what I MUST DO, is choose my relationships with care and practice saying no to relationships that are not supportive!!

Thank You for reading
Ron Hess

1 comment:

  1. I support your efforts, values, and empowering beliefs. If I do ever slip and unconsciously support one of your dis-empowering beliefs, send in the Dis-Empowering Belief Police to shackle me up and haul me off to the big-house. Ron, you are the most powerful person you've ever met.

    ReplyDelete