Thursday, June 23, 2011

A new part of my support system

    The day before yesterday I started The Ultimate Edge program from Anthony Robbins. It came with a " Daily Magic" cd that has some daily breathing and mental exercises that are lifting my energy levels, stimulating my body, shifting my emotional state into a positive confident and grateful energy, and helping me with visualization.

   A lot of things I am doing these days are reminding me of similar things I have done in the past, at times of my life when I was feeling great. I am rediscovering my old practices in a new way. I am doing these things with a more intentional approach, from a place of patience and understanding that I did not have when I was younger. I am developing skills in areas of my mind that I have never cultivated before. I am confident that with these new found skills, I am recognizing and changing patterns that I have had my entire life, which have only caused destruction. Understanding that my "blue print" (the beliefs I have that create my idea of how it "should be" in these areas) is the root, and changing this will create the changes naturally that I have been trying to force myself to make for the last 14 years. For me, at this time, the most valuable tools I have for doing this, are role models. I am now using my role models in a much more direct intentional way and  am choosing to find role models for all of the areas I want to change in my life. I have realized that my "blue print" is only what it is, because that is all I have ever known from the direct models in my life, and from my own life experiences. In order to see that it can be the way I want,  how to achieve it, and most importantly, what life will be like once I have incorporated it, I must use role models for every area that I want to improve! This way, after I begin to incorporate it into my life I will believe and understand it, this will create more momentum instead of the old self sabotage cycle I would normally go into to get my life back to what I know. If I can not find a person to model after for something I want to change, it will be necessary for me to design an ideal model in my mind by asking questions like, what would a person who lives this way do, how would they think, etc.

   Anyways, I got a little off track here, but that's O.K. The original thought for this post was about doing something every morning that will stimulate me and help me get into the mode of confidence, gratefulness and excitement before I do anything else. This way I can come at the day with a new attitude, be more assertive, and take more action towards the areas of my life that I want to improve. The newest part of my support system, and I am excited about it for sure!!!!!

   Thanks for reading and here's to a great day ahead, for building lasting fulfillment!!

2 comments:

  1. The original thought for this post was about doing something every morning that will stimulate me and help me get into the mode of confidence, gratefulness and excitement before I do anything else.

    Good for you!
    I call that daily time prayer, a time of giving gratitude to my creator for the good things in my life, and time to recognize the pain and circumstances I'm powerless to change.
    I believe for every person to do that thing (meditation, refocus, prayer....) would be world changing.
    I'm enjoying the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you!! It would definitely change the world. Thank you for the comments, I appreciate your support!!!!

    ReplyDelete